Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Post #1: Fate in Romeo and Juliet

I do not believe in fate for many reasons. I think that people have total control over their own destiny. For example, in Romeo and Juliet they don't even know each other at the start and even Romeo likes someone else. But, after Romeo makes decisions on his own, he realizes that he likes Juliet. He ended up falling in love with Juliet because he made his own choices and not fate. He was basically under his own free will so that means he made his own decisions. That is one reason why I do not believe in fate.

Another reason I don't believe in fate is because it is possible for people to make their own choices in life. For example, I can make my own choices under my own freewill.  If I chose not to write this blog, I would be making my own decision, which is not fate. (That would not be a good choice, though). So that means that making your own choices is possible, and I do not think fate exists. Because Romeo and Juliet make their own choices, it is not fate, and they are under their own freewill. That is why I do not believe in fate.   



 Here is a link to the definition of fate:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fate

Here is a link for fate quotes in Romeo and Juliet:
http://www.shmoop.com/romeo-and-juliet/fate-free-will-quotes.html


1 comment:

  1. Good job sharing your thoughts on fate, Joshua. I like how you mentioned free will. Be careful in your future posts, though, because you started to sound somewhat repetitive in your reasoning. Also, do you think you could format your blog to reflect the tone, mood, themes, etc of Romeo & Juliet? Consider it!

    ReplyDelete